Everybody should try to get a good detoxification in once a month or so. Detoxification is one of the ancient remedies that are still practiced today. And can be done in the comfort of your own home. A detox bath is thought to assist your body in eliminating toxins as well as absorbing the minerals and nutrients that are in the water, leaving you feeling refreshed and awakened.
Steps to Detox
Plan to have about 40 minutes of free uninterrupted time available to detox. The first 20 minutes are said to help your body remove the toxins…..the second 20 minutes are for absorbing the minerals in the water.
- Combine all ingredients together in a glass bowl then sprinkle in comfortable hot water.
- Epsom salts (buy bulk at Sam’s or Costco)
- Adults 100lbs and up, add 2 cups or more
- 1 to 2 cups or more of baking soda (buy bulk at Sam’s or Costco)
- 1 tablespoon to 1/3 cup ground ginger or fresh ginger tea or 2-4 drop of ginger essential oil (therapeutic grade only)(Go to essential oil tab to see how to order). This step is optional, ginger can increase your heat levels, helping you sweat out toxins. You may experience a slight redness to your skin. Start out small until you know you skin sensitivity.
- Essential oils (go to essential oil tab to see how to order). Add 4-10 drops of the oils that are aromatic to increase your relaxing experience. Lavender, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Ylang Ylang, et cetera
- After getting out oftub you may consider using a body brush or loofah to help increase the lymphatic system. Use long gentle strokes toward the heart.
If you get too hot you can always add some cold water.
Make sure you are careful when you get out of tub. Tub may be slippery. You may be weak. Your body has been working hard to detox.
Soaking in Epsom salts help to replenish the body’s magnesium level and the sulfate flushes toxins.
Baking soda helps to soften the skin and is known for its cleansing ability as well as its anti-fungal properties.
If you need further detoxing, you may consider wrapping yourself in a blanket immediately after getting out of tub. You can detox for another 2 hours especially if you think you may have the cold or flu bug.
Most important…..Drink plenty of water. The water helps with flushing out the toxins.
You're going to absolutely love this. Just take it easy and listen to your body. If you start to feel too hot or that your skin is getting too hot. Please add the cold water to cool down and if that is not enough drain the tub and get out. Make sure you lie down for a bit until you feel less light headed.